Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help with best way to sync distinct data from 2 separate tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericb123

MIS
Mar 3, 2008
US
Not sure how to do this, any help is greatly appreciated. I've got 2 separate db's. The first contains employee productivity: userID, claim_num, reviewed_date, etc.

The 2nd db contains the employee quality: userID, audited_date, number of errors, etc.

I'm having a hard time trying to get these different pieces of information into a report. I'm trying to group the report by week. So for each week, I would like to show the information based on userID, where the productivity is based on the "reviewed_date", and the quality is based on the "audited_date". I guess the user would have to specify the 2 date ranges up front, then group by a different date?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Difficult with Crystal. It will link records from two or more tables into a single 'detail line'. You can select or group by date, but only one date.

An inefficient but reliable method would be to have a subreport at detail level for one of the tables. Use the other date range in the subreport. You can pass parameters down, use Edit / Subreport Links

If you need to pass data back, use Shared Variables. SEARCH here will give you the details

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back