Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP WITH BDImage Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cballe

Programmer
Apr 14, 2002
ZA
HI there guys

I need some help please. I have developed a program that make use of a Paradox database. The database contains 4 fields:

Name, Surname, Gender, Picture.

Now in my program I made use of an DBImage in order to display the picture field.
For the user to enter his information a DBNavigator is available.

The problem that I need help with is the following:

When the user click on the INSERT RECORD Button of the DBNavigator, the user enters his information into the Name, Surname and Gender fields. When the user comes to the picture field, I want the user to click on the DBImage component and then Windows Explorer must open up in order to give the user the ability to go and search for the picture. When the user have founded his picture in Explorer, he must double click on the file and then the picture must be loaded into the DBImage component. Then the user just click on the Post Edit button of the DBNavigator and the data is written to the database. Could someone please help me with this task?

All I want is help with the code that will give the user the ability to click on the DBImage component and then Windows Explorer opens up. The user choose the image, double click`s on the file and the picture is loaded to the DBImage component. That`s it….Please guys, I`m still a newbie…..

Thanks
Regards
C-Power

HI there guys

I need some help please. I am using a DBGrid an would like to change the color of a whole Row. Has anybody any idea how to do this?

Thanks
Regards
Benno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back