Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP WITH BACKGROUND 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

11design

Technical User
May 27, 2005
US
What is the best way to apply a background to an image worked in Photoshop?

I thought the answer had no relation with my question. When I read my question I realized that was my mistake!!! I meant about the best in doing background in Photoshop or Ilustrator for images that will be used in the Web (Dreamweaver MX).

Not sure I get what you mean by "best way".

It will depend on the image and how you intend to use it. A single photo is different from a tiled image or a repeating gradient say.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Right now what I will do is work in Photoshop using sometimes photos or illustrations. The point is that I am opening my documents with a transparent background. When I started working in the site in Dreamweaver I have chosen a background for the site. So my question is: I can take the jpg file from Photoshop directly to Dreamweaver and place the background there or I have to have the all job done, I mean image and background in Photoshop in order to bring into Dreamweaver?

I have worked with images in Photoshop using both methods:
1. Create the image using a layer containing the site's background.
2. Create the image using a transparent background.
Both methods have worked equally well. Method #2 allows more flexibility when deploying the image however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back