Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Auto Attendent

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomTech34

Vendor
Jan 20, 2012
US
Hello,

I am working on a Nortel Option 61 with Call Pilot and Contact Center Manager. I have never set up a auto attendent in Call Pilot or a call center but would like to give it a try. Currently the customer has a DID that goes to several phones with MCR keys. They would like this DID to be answered by an auto attendent so they can route callers more efficiently. Where do I start? We are currently at R5.0 for Call Pilot

APPLICATION BUILDER

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Do you want to use only an upfront greeting/menu or would you also like to add in automatic call distribution to agents through contact center?

The customer wants the DID to be answered by a greeting and the callers to be routed to specific extensions. Can I do this by only using the Call Pilot App Builder? If so where do I start? I know I have to delete all the MCR keys that have that DID to make it work.

Start with App Builder. Use the tab at the top of the page to start build a new app. Most of it is drag and drop. Pull over a menu block and build a menu. You will record your greeting under the properties of the menu block. Drag and drop transfer blocks as you need. Each item you build will have properties to the. Use the help files for explanations. After the app is built, you will add a SDN in Call Pilot and assign it to use the new app. Use a unused dn for this to test it out first before changing you DID number. There is a good bit more to this, but if you get this part figured out, it will be a good start. I may be best to get a tech to do it for you and have you watch and learn so that you could do it in the future.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Thank you Splic3d, I will give it a try. At least I can get started and then reach out to the vendor if neccessary

I still haven't started on this project since the customer is putting it off for a little while longer. I do have a question though. If they want this DID to be answered by a greeting, then having the option for there callers to be transferred to a GROUP of people instead of just one single extension, does that mean I have to set up a call center? I have a good amount of questions that the customer still hasn't answered but I know he wanted to keep it very basic. I don't believe running reports is a concern. Can I get away with building an auto attendant, transfering to groups of extensions, and having generic voice mails for each group if noone answers all through Call Pilot?

Build it with an unused DID as the SDN so you can test and play with it as needed, as suggested by Splic3d. Once you think you have things sorted out, let the customer test it and tell you what they want changing. In doing this, you will see how easy it really is to accomplish. You might want to get it put on paper, exactly what they want in the form of a flow chart if possible, then when you get to the build stage, what you design will actually look very similar to the flow chart and be easy to follow along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back