Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with a simple formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottd431

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2002
US
I have a formula below and it works some of the time

if{COCENT.PAYADFCENT}={PAYS.CODPAY} then {PAYS.DESPAY}
All I am trying to do is to say if the field PAYADFCENT is the same a the field CODPAY in the PAYS table then make the field equal to the Description DESPAY, for example PAYADFCENT = 404 and 404 in the PAYS table is 404 in CODPAY and the DESPAY is MEXICO. Is there an easier way or is something wrong here. I have lloked at this for a while and tried numerous different way but will not show up. Now I have and ther field doing the exact same this but it is a Ship to address and different field but still using the PAYS table and it works.
Thanks

can the data be null anywhere???

If it works sometimes that is usually the problem

whilePrintingRecords;
if not isnull({COCENT.PAYADFCENT}) and
{COCENT.PAYADFCENT} = {PAYS.CODPAY} then
{PAYS.DESPAY}
else
"something non-null should be as the default";

Jim Broadbent

It appears to be a linking issue. When I try and link both fields to CODPAY it causes the whole report to come up empty. And apperently it has never worked and I have just found this out. I created it 6 months ago and tested and asked them to test it but apparently it does not need to show all of the time just particular times and they have been ignoring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back