Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with a page reload problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christylh8

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2002
US
Hi!

A pop up javascript I have implemented works great for viewing my items on a larger scale, but each time the user clicks a thumbnail, the mother page automatically loads (or scrolls) back to the top.

I'd like for the page to stay wherever it was at when the user clicked a thumbnail.

Please see here and try clicking one of the thumbs closer to the bottom. Check out my source.

Thanks everyone!

It's going to the top of the page because you have "#" for the href.

I have successfully turned links into "dead" links like this:
<a href=&quot;&quot; onclick=&quot;vwImg('../images/placeholder.gif', 150, 150) return false&quot;>

Another option is to change the look of the cursor onmouseover and onmouseout; this will simulate the behavior of a link (I'm sure, like me, you want the user to know it's a link by having the hand appear on mouseover).

I have tried that, but prefer the first method I suggested.

Good luck.

BTW, in case you don't have script debugging enabled, my browser shows &quot;innerWidth&quot; as undefined at line 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back