Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with 1720 connected to Qwest VPN service

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammarj

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
I am having some issues with a 1720 recently installed. I used ConfigMaker to do the basic configuration as follows:

FastEthernet0 - 192.168.0.252/24
Serial0 - 65.xxx.xxx.126/30

Currently, there is a 2504 at .254 connecting the other office via Fract-T1 as well as a SonincWall connected to a DSL router for Internet connectivity. The objective here is to replace the 2504 and the DSL connection with an integrated VPN/Internet service.

We are setting up a Qwest provided VPN link to another office. In addition, each office will have an internet connection via 6 IP's provided by Qwest. NAT will be used on one address - 65.xxx.xxx.178, while one-to-one will be setup on three others to provide public addresses.

My issue at this point is with office #1. I can ping the Internet from the router, but if I set up a static route on my network pointing to the 1720, set the gateway on one machine to the 1720, and do a traceroute, I get to the 1720, but then i get routed back through the existing 2504 and out the internet via an existing DSL connection, not Qwest. Is the 2504 somehow advertising the it's routing table? And second, I'm not quite sure how to configure the NAT as well as the one-to-one addresses.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back