Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Windows XP Pro, problem with VGA Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fterrazas

Technical User
Dec 29, 2000
ES
This is what happened, in the Display properties, I click Advanced Properties and there Adapter (VGA card), and there Properties and in there I accidentally put in the Use of the adapter, the disable the VGA card, and accept all the windows from there. Next time I boot my PC I can see (literally see) my desktop I see the boot windows but from there I just listen how Windows XP boot, and if I put a Music CD in the cd-rom it plays like windows normally do but actually I can see nothing, I think the problem was with the VGA adapter that I disable but how can I recover from here? I already try to use the safemode and other modes but nothing work, what can I do to solve this problem? Thanks for your help, see ya

When in safe mode set it to the generic VGA adapter. I think its still called "Standard". Also set the resolution to 640 x 480. One more thing, check the refresh rate of the monitor and set it to 60hz. These are default values that all cards and monitors can use.
Then when you get into Windows you should be able to reinstall the correct drivers.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back