Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help Win32::ODBC select problems .. strange ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielemasson

Programmer
Apr 6, 2002
CO
Hi everyone ... im a newbie in this list ....

I have this problem, ... theres an application running on Win NT the script shows some data from a table named 'news' and retrieves for the users of the app, this table has two fields: news.header and news.details they are both of TEXT type. when inserting, the form has two TEXTARE fields to get the data to insert user usually fill this fields with HTML code so the news lokk good when retrieving ... the problem is that the script always can insert the data correctly ... but when retrieving with FetchRow it cant get rows that have this two fields very very big .... it only gets a few rows doesnt retrieve'em all ...

for example, in table news i have:

id header details

1 'text' 'text'
2 'text' 'text'
3 'very large text' 'very large text'

FetchRow only retrieves 1 and 2 ... i dont kinow why ?? os there something i should know about fetching big text fields or something ?? Im running SQL server 6.5 on Win NT 4

Thanks to every1 !!

Thanks here it is, the loop dosnt retrieves all the rows .. the foreach inside is to check some stuff .. just dont pay atention to it ... :

if ($db->Sql($Sql)) {
# print some error message
exit;
}

my %res = ();
my $hashrow;

while($db->FetchRow()) {
%hashrow = $db->DataHash;
my $t_llave = '';
my $key = '';
foreach $key (@campo_llave) {
if ($key) {