Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help wiith change phase closing when is not suppose to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

obidexx

MIS
Apr 12, 2005
PR
Hello folks,

I currentry programming a change management process using sc v5.0.3 running on hp/ux. The third phase have a close condition stating that it will not close if the approval.status is not "approved" (approval.status in $file="approved").

I have a task that with a boolean variable in it. If the value is "true", there's nothing else to do with this phase and it should close and go to the next one. But if the value is "false", then the phase should not close, because approval.status in $file will be set to "disapproved". Then (and only then!), some other task are excecuted and when they are done, the task with the boolean variable is opened again.

Looks fairy simple, but is not working. Even though the change management process have a "disappoved" value on the approval.status, the change phase closes and go to the next. The tasks that are suppose to open when the boolean variable of the last task is false open in the next phase with their status set to "initial".

I don't know what else to do but request your valuable assistance. If you can tell me what could be happening, I would appreciate your assistance.

Obidexx

Hi obidexx,

where is your code referring to the values in the Change/Task? In Format Control? If not, try referring to the record using either "$L.file" or "$L.filed" instead of "$file".

cheers,

JJ

Hi... I don't know if you are in the Review Phase or not when you mention using $file...

We have our stuff set to $L.file when dealing with this type of coding in the Review Phase...

Actually, what I have it set up this way: In the change phase definition I have the following condition for "close": approval.status in $L.file="approved". I use a link that send the value of approval.status from the last regular task on the change phase to the change (from cm3t to cm3r). If this value is "dissaproved" I figure that the current phase will not close and some additional task that only appear when some condition fails on the last tasks will open on the current phase.

What is happenning is that even though the value of approval.status in cm3r is "disapproved", the current phase closes and the next one open. The conditional task that are suppose to open on the current phase open instead on the next one. I know this is a very complicated thing to explain on a post, so if you guys need additional information or an unload file I can provide it.

Thanks,

Obi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back