Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - Where do I set CurrentProject.Connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sndkick

Programmer
Nov 1, 2000
US
So I got to pick up the pieces on somebody's old code, and could use a little help since my Access skills are a little weak.

I have this MDB that is used to import data from an MDB file into an Oracle database. It consists of forms and a bunch of modules, but no data tables, so the data is actually all sitting in another MDB file somewhere else? The SQL that the modules run all simply reference "CurrentProject.Connection", yet i can't seem to find where that gets set.

How, in Access 2007, do i find, set, or change the value of the "CurrentProject.Connection" ?

I've searched the app and all code extensively but cna't seem to find it.

thanks for any help!

Also, in some of the searching I've done, it appears that perhaps the CurrentProject.Connection is some global setting typically related to an ADP (Access data proejct), which I'm completely unfamiliar with.

However, I found only one ".adp" file on our server, in some backup folder, and it doesn't appear to have anything in it, no tables, no modules, nothing.

I'm assuming maybe this MDB file that handles the import is perhaps just part of some bigger module? or somehow connected to a file somewhere else via a refernece? but i just can't find anything that might lead me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading, and for any help.

Problem solved...

Apparently "CurrentDatabase.Connection" is simply the current database (MDB file) you're working in.

The creator of this database simply had flagged all of the tables as "hidden", so they weren't showing up.

Quite annoying, and definitely unnecessary but, problem solved.

Thanks for viewing.

sndkick said:
Apparently "CurrentDatabase.Connection" is simply the current database (MDB file) you're working in.
Yes, that is correct. It comes in handy when you want to use ADO against the current database.

Joe Schwarz
Custom Software Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back