Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!! When I type 2 the word DEVILBISS shows up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandyH

Programmer
Jun 16, 2000
US
In one of my Access databases I have different brands of oxygen tanks we keep track of, one of them is called a Devilbiss. I at one time had all the brands on a combo box to add to a form for the patient information. A few weeks ago however I was having problems with when I would print out the report the number 2 would show up instead of the word Devilbiss (2 was the ID Number of Devilbiss) So I took that away, now whenever I type in the number 2 the word DEVILBISS pops up. Even when I am in a completely different database. So I tried it in word and when I type 2 the word DEVILBISS also pops up. This is happening accross the board in all of my MS Office products, is this a virus? Does anyone know? please help.
Thanks in advance,
Sandy [sig][/sig]

Hi Sandy,

I hope not,...

check the auto correct, it may be that it has somehow picked up 2 as text to be replaced by devilbiss.
if this is the case it might explain what happened before.

under tool->autocorrect (i think this feature is common) ccross the office suite.

HTH
Robert [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back