Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!!! Weird WinXP PC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

skfm

Technical User
May 2, 2003
MY
Hi, i have this new winXP pc in my LAN which have a weird problem. The problem is I could be able to ping any PC or server from it, but from any other pc or server in the network, i just could not be able to ping it. It just gives me a 'request time out'.
I have checked the firewall, dns, ip, icmp option, anything that came to mind on network connection. I even did a ipconfig/fluskdns and registerdns.Still nothing.

Any solution to my problems will be very much appreciated,

Thank you
Lawrence.

So you went into the windows firewall and selected the "advanced" tab then selected "settings" on the ICMP section and put a check on "Allow incoming echo request"? Also did you make sure that the tcp port 445 is not being blocked?

Thanks quadsevens for the reply. I have found the problem, it is due to my antivirus. Something must have gone wrong with the installation. As other pc is running ok with the antivirus. Anyway, after I removed it, wah la...everything works fine.

Thanks

Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back