Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - Webpage cannot be displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmurnane

Technical User
Jul 9, 2007
IE
I have tried to display my Filemaker modules through Instant Web Publishing from my work PC and home Mac. It works fine on the local network but when I try to access from either home to work (different locations - not networked) or visa versa, I get "Webpage cannot be displayed". I have tried setting the port to 591 and in the manual but no joy. I am doing this with Filemaker Pro 9 which as I understand should allow up to 5 users to connect. I do not have Filemaker Server.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Different locations, not networked? Do you mean over the Internet cloud? You need some way to identify the site, and that's usually via IP address (exposed to the outside) and/or DNS entry. Is the IP address legal for Internet connectivity (e.g. not 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x)? Do you have a firewall in the network? Does it allow port 80 or port 591 connections to the internal network (they usually don't)?

Phil H.
Some Bank
-----------
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back