Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help using IS one of and a Parameter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybee77

Technical User
Jun 18, 2001
GB
Hi,

I want to use the selection expert to say is one of then in the data to pick from I want to put a parameter field so that the user can pick which ones. But my parameter doesn't show up in the pick list, yet another parameter does. Both parameters are strings. any ideas?

Cheers

Sam

Check both parameter settings in the field explorer. If one is a multiple or range parameter for example, it will be treated differently to the other in the selection expert.

Naith

Rather than using the select expert, click on report, edit selection formula, record, and enter the formula manually and see if the parameter is available.

Also, check the parameter that is not available. Did you just create the parameter or did you actually drag it onto the report? Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
714-348-0964
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Hi Both,

The parameter that was apearing was not set to allow multiple values and the one I wanted to appear was. If I change it so it doesn't allow multiple values it does appear, but does not allow me to enter more than one value. I cannot force the values I want to appear as they need to be selected by the user. Any ideas?

Cheers

Sam

If you have a parameter as multi, it isn't showing up because Crystal wants you to refer to it as an array.

In the record selection criteria, subscript the multi-parameter using the 'in' command in place of the selection experts "is one of" option.

Naith

In the Formula Editor of the Record Selection Expert, your formula should look something like:

{Field} in ({?MultipleParameter}[1 to count({?MultipleParameter})])

Naith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back