Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Upgrading SCSI Drives in Mirrored Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

juk1

Technical User
Aug 8, 2007
GB
Hi All

Hope i'm at the right place, really need some help please with a 2000 server. I'm upgrading 1 x 34gb scsi drive to 1 x 74gb scsi drive, then adding a second 74gb drive to form a mirrored set, but am having trouble. The original 34gb is a simple volume and when i add the first 74gb drive everything works ok, it finds it and i can happily mirror it, but when i remove the original 34gb drive i cant boot off the remaining 74gb drive because the boot.ini hasn't been copied and the MBR is incorrect (think thats right).

Anyway my problem is how do I add this 74gb and make it bootable?

I was wondering about using ghost and ghosting the data from the 34gb drive to the 74gb then changing its scsi id to that of the original 34gb drive, would that work?

I've looked around but cant find anything helpful,

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, been scratching my head for ages, am sure it cant be that hard must be missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back