Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!!! UCA Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPearson

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2010
US
I am trying to get UCA Mobile to work on Andriod and IPAD. UCA is 5.0 and MBG is 7.1. I have UCA PC Client working on my laptop and on remote IP phones working through MBG. The MBG is in the DMZ...NOT NETWORK EDGE

1. I have UCA Mobile licenses and MBG Licenses
2. I have real world FQDN for UCA Mobile...did NSLOOKUP
3. I have checked ports required between internet and MBG
4.I have checked with IPAD and My Andriod...both are at correct OS
5. I have created account in UCA and user in 3300 which is an APP Server port.

I am use to doing softphones client on UCA where security certificate is sent and approved on UCA server but with mobile this isn't done? I was going to have IT dept look at firewall to see what is being blocked. Any help is appreciated

What is the specific error message or symptoms when failing to connect? Does anything show in the UCA Mobile Diagnostic Settings log?

I have UCA 5.0 and MBG 7.1 supporting UCA Mobile fine, but in a different configuration (MBG is gateway mode and UCA is a separate internal box). Ports were the big issue, particularly enabling a Port Forwarding rule for TCP 36008 for presence and real-time notifications. P.86 of the UCA 5.0 Admin Guide claims TCP 36008 isn't needed for MBG 7.1 and above, but I had UCA working prior to the app upgrades.

I did not have to do anything with security certificates until I was doing a Deskphone integration for a UCA laptop client through Teleworker.

I think you need 443,80,36005,36006,36007,36008 from a public Ip to the UCA server . If you can get all those opened up it should work.

Does the web portal work ?

of UCAserver or public IP/ucs/webclient

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

At some point the mobile device has to approve a security request. There isn't much to do on the mobile device other then entering the FQDN, user name and password. Would suspect it is a firewall issue. Unfortuneatley I don't have access to the company's UCA server but we have it running on Android, apple and blackberry devices.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Does a SIP device have to be created in the MBG for the UCA Mobile to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back