Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Troubleshooting Nortel CICS Noise on all Phones - swap positions of trunk cards

Stephen Smith

Technical User
Jul 17, 2024
CA
Hello All,
We've got a Nortel CICS 6.1 with 3 lines in. CICS is setup for 8 lines in with an NT7B75AAAE and an NT7B69AAAA installed. All 3 lines are clear from the provider but all phones, system wide, have noise on each of the 3 lines. In-house phone to phone calling is clear as a bell.
Wondering if I can swap the positions of the NT7B75 and the NT7B69 to see if the noise goes away. I understand I would lose caller ID, but it's just to see if the NT7B75 is causing the noise. If it is possible, can this be done without having to re-program everything after swapping, testing and then putting everything back the way it was?
Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions,
Steve.

You can shut it off and swap the cards yes and no programming needed. there is always a chance of losing programming but I would say you have little choice.

Note that the DS card, most likely the one not in use to the right is not a Caller ID card.
Pull the tabs out as evenly as possible and back in the same way, don't try to lock the tabs too soon.
When the plastics are still good the tabs should almost move and lock on their own.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back