Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help trouble my qmail supervise script

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookahmasta

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2005
US
I'm having trouble with my Qmail setup...... The setup worked perfectly for over 6 months, and all of a sudden, it stopped working this morning...... I took it offline and replaced it with a backup (with a slightly different config, which didn't work on the original box when I replaced it), but I think the trouble lies within the supervise script that starts the tcpserver for or qmail-smtpd.

Currently, I put this server in my internal NIC, and I'm testing it.... Currently, the configuration is working... If I do qmailctl stat, it shows it's working. When I tried to send an e-mail message thru the box, it works, but it takes a long time... too long for it to be of pratical use to the office...

#!/bin/sh
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
if [ -z "$QMAILDUID" -o -z "$NOFILESGID" -o -z "$MAXSMTPD" ]; then
echo QMAILDUID, NOFILESGID, or MAXSMTPD is unset in
echo /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run
exit 1
fi
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 4000000 \
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -p -l 0 -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
-u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp rblsmtpd -rsbl-xbl.spamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1

I'm still pretty new at this.... any help would be appreciated....

Ummmm, well. First off I don't think you've stated anything that would lend to a diagnosis. Second, you probably should post in the qmail forum. I'll meet you there.

Only thing I can tell you now is that you may have a DNS lookup delay or timeout that is influencing the outbound email. Check resolv.conf

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back