Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP Traffic Control of IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent0007

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2015
DE
Dear Sirs,

I am having a problem on making my script work. Is there anything wrong with my script?

I am trying to make the PC with an IP of 192.168.235.10 to have 250kbps network transfer speed
I am still new to Linux so I need all the help that I can get. Below is the script for the TC.
Thank you in advanced!! I also tried htb but it also does nothing like cbq.

############################################################################################################
tc qdisc del dev eth0 root

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: cbq avpkt 1000 bandwidth 2Mbit

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 cbq rate 250kbps allot 1500 prio 5 bounded isolated
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: protocol ip prio 16 u32 match ip dst 192.168.235.10 flowid 1:1
##############################################################################################################

Best regards RR

First, define your abbreviations and initialisms so we can all be talking the same jargon/vernacular.

And, ... .. What operating system / distro version?

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

Hello Chris!

Thanks for your response!
it is a Debian, I really don't know much about Traffic Control, I have read the manual and did what it said, but to no luck.
what do you mean by Abbreviations and Initialisms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back