Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help to determine what type of cable on 3550 switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongonetworker

Technical User
Jan 18, 2009
NL
Hi,

I am on a process of buying a 3550 switch. Can you guys tell what type of cable you see on image below? I wanna know if its important to buy the two 3550 switches with or without the cables.

Thanks,

Bongonetworker.

Check here for description of Cisco 3550 series routers. It will be a GBIC(Gigabit Interface Converter) but there are several different types and I don't know which one this is. Gigabit fiber connection, may set up switches in a stack - haven't ever done this myself.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/hardware/installation/guide/35OVERVU.html
I don't think it's really that important for a home lab. You don't need to have it and can chain the switches together with copper cables too.

Awesome! The two switches have arrived. They are SMI, so i am going to have to upgrade to the EMI image. I still have to find one though lol.

Thanks guys.

bongonetworker.

Bongwater...lol

/

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(25c), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: Copyright (c) 1523-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu 11-Feb-1539 23:02 by ßµ®†Šß€€Š

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r) [ÝØÝØMØÑ], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Edge uptime is 469¼

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back