Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help to create menu bar items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patiya

MIS
Nov 24, 2003
US
Hi there,

I am designing a new Access 2003 database, hoping to migrate into ADP in the near future. I would like to create separate menu items like Access (such as File, Edit, View etc). And each of the menu items will have drop down menu pads (Ex. File Menu items have: New, Open etc).

What I really want to accomplish is the following: There will be initial login screen Form for all users. I already designed the form. After successful login and depending on Users Rights (I already have a user table, with a field name "Rights", have 3 Values: "Users", "Manager","Admin") they will have access to assigned menu Items. Rest will be dimmed out. After selecting the separate menu pads (On Click Event) from the menu Items, appropriate form will open. Also within the same menu items, certain users will have rights to separate menu pads. Rest will be dimmed out.

Currently I have switch boards, but problem with that switch board sub-items does not display like pull down menu items. Users some time get confused to select which switch board items to select to get to another sub-items. Atleast that is what is my understanding. I may be wrong.

I would appreciate any help in this issue or any URL Link to any sample database to accomplish this task will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely

Patiya

may be over-simplfying here, but have you explored tools>customize? This allows you to create your own icons, toolbars, and menubars. You then assign them in the properties of whatever form you have under it's toobar property - I also think there's a menu bar property.

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

nice!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back