Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help to choose the tool to develop for WinCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownb77

Programmer
May 17, 2006
IT
Hello, I needsome hints: I heard about two MS tools that can be used to develop for WinCe: VC++ embedded and .Net Compact Framework.
I need to develop a Soft Real Time application, which reads data from a Bluetooth serial port running at baudrate 115.200: this because I developed a PalmOS application before which is working well with a Bluetooth device I built, and now I'm going to rewrite it for WinCE.

I'd like to use .Net, so that I can use the same Development Environment for PC and paltop, but I guess VC++ embedded compiled code is faster and smaller than compiled .Net executable, but I'm not shure.

Another thing is this: I have platform builder for an embedded system: are there restrictions/problems about using .Net to develop for a custom WinCe version? Or should I just use VC++ embedded in this case? I guess I must find the way to include in my version the .Net Compact Framework, right? Is this possible?

Thank you for any suggestion,
BrownB

To reuse your work in C++ in .Net envirenment, I suggest to store them in a DLLs built for smart device and call them from your device application. Else you can't recall this C++ embedded in device application.

for the tools you can check this link

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back