Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! This is driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2000
GB
Hi,
I have a Cisco 2610 router connected to Microsoft SBS. It's configured for dial on demand using MSProxy 2.0 (as is supplied with SBS V4.5). All users on the network can get internet access - no problem. I'm using ppp multilink and both lines come up as they should on demand.
I've been having MAJOR problems getting my Exchange Server to deliver mail. Basically, it won't. I can issue a de-queue command to retrieve mail from my ISP's mail server and that works OK (and mail gets distributed to users OK) but I simply can't get mail to leave the outbox on the local server. I've tried everything and it refuses to budge. The router is configured with :

ip nat inside source static tcp 11.0.0.2 25 194.153.2.219 25 extendable

This maps the router to the mail server. I'm sure that this is Ok as I can pick up mail. Does this command affect the way mail is sent? If I look in the logs on Exch Svr the messages are tagged with "host unreachable".

Can anyone help? Please !

I answered my own question! It's nothing to do with the router at all. My ISP gave me the wrong "send to" address !
After many conversations, they finally admitted that their document was wrong.

It just goes to show that sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back