Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! stressful Calendar issue with free/busy and archives

Status
Not open for further replies.

bankboysb

Technical User
Jun 7, 2004
US
Here's what's going on: Networked mail system on Exchange Server 2003, clients are mix of Outlook 2K, 2K2, 2K3, but the problem here involves a 2003 client machine. Recently the decision was made to have all incoming mail go directly to archive in order to relieve some of the strain on our one and only mail server (I know, I know…). New meeting requests, after being accepted, are not showing up in her working calendar (the old copy). They are showing up in her archive calendar! Some of the meetings she has in the archive calendar are copied to the working calendar, BUT they are shown as tentative, whereas the original in the archive is shown as busy! ALSO the meeting copies in the working calendar are appearing and disappearing seemingly at random.

Additionally, and I don't know if this is just my machine or hers, or a combination of factors, but on Scheduling tab we do not always see accepted meetings on the free/busy time blocks. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Certain individuals we see all the time, and others are sporadic. Also it is not working in reciprocation: in other words if an individual is able to see my free/busy times, I may not be able to see theirs, and vice-versa.

Is this some problem w/Exchange server? I am wondering...how can I confirm this? We are trying to standardize our client setups as much as possible but because of the mix of Outlook versions it has not worked too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back