Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help - sql loader commit point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advocate

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2000
GB
using aix csh ...

sqlldr is currently commiting and displaying commit point screen message every 56 records

trying to commit every 1000 records but following command still commits every 56 records !

sqlldr name/password ctl=file data=file rows=1000

any ideas please ?
Best of Irish Luck, David.
djwilkes@hotmail.com

8i = 8.1.7
djwilkes@hotmail.com

I may be out there on this, but doesn't this have to do with your block size and the size of each rom of a record that you are loading? Most of my loads commit at 64 records, but one, a datafile with a a lot of characters per record, only commits somewhere around 56 rows.

Terry
* General Disclaimor - Please read *
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

Have you thought about not specifying the number of rows to load before a save? It is my understanding (misunderstanding?) that not specifying rows loads all the data in the file before there is a commit. Is that true?

If you wanna commit after 200 rows you must specified this parameter ROWS=1000.
That are the parameters:
Options Clauses:

The following options are allowed within the OPTIONS clause:

SKIP = n This option tells SQL*Loader to skip n physical records before beginning processing.

LOAD = n This tells SQL*Loader to load n rows only.

ERRORS = n This tells the loader to allow n errors before aborting. Defaults to 50.

ROWS = n This tells the loader to process n rows before committing. Defaults to 64.

BINDSIZE = n This tells the loader to use a bind buffer array size of n bytes.

SILENT =M
[HEADER | FEEDBACK | ERROR | DISCARDS | ALL]

The silent option tells the loader to not broadcast the specific message type. The HEADER option is useless inside the control file since by the time it is processed, the header has already been processed.

DIRECT =
[TRUE | FALSE] Set whether fast path loading is used, this defaults to false.

PARALLEL =
[TRUE | FALSE] This sets whether or not the parallel load option is used. This defaults to false.

Example of Use:

OPTIONS (ERRORS=2000, SILENT=(DISCARDS, ERRORS), BINDSIZE=20000)

The above command would allow 2000 errors before SQL*Loader aborts, won't print messages for each discard and error, and sets a bind array of 20000 bytes.

rows=100 on command line worked when i tried it again today .... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back