Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP...SPOOL DIRECTORIES FILLING UP RAPIDLY 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAY1974

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
US
GOT THIS MESSAGE FROM EXCHANGE:-

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIMC
Event Category: Message Transfer
Event ID: 3018
Date: 23/02/2004
Time: 01:01:46
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE-SERVER
Description:
The available disk space on the spool drive has dropped below 10240 KB. The Internet Mail Service will not accept messages for inbound and outbound conversion until the available disk space has increased above 10240 KB.

HAVE CLEARED AS MUCH SPACE ON THE C AS I CAN BUT EACH DAY THE SPACE IS BEING REFILLED. I NOW AM DANGEROUSLY CLOSE TO THE THRESHOLD.
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET THE INFORMATION SPOOLED ONTO ANOTHER DRIVE???

Look on the IMS Diagnostic Logging tab: do you have Message Archiving turned on? If so, turn it off, and clean out the Archive directories under the In and Out folders of the IMSDATA directory.

Do you mean to set the Message Archival logging level to none???

I've just set this.

Is it the IMSDATA DIRECTORY or the IMCDATA.

Thanks for your help so far!!

ZOEYTHECAT

My folder structure in the Out folder is :-

Archive and new folder do these conatin the files that need to be deleted???

Yes, I mean set the message archiving level to none. And yes, the directory is called IMCDATA even though they renamed the product the IMS - sorry for confusing you.

My OUT folder only has an Archibe sub folder, not a new. The messages that are taking up the space are in the Archive folder if the archiving has been turned on.

Thanks for your help Zbnet.

I take its OK to delete this folder with all the services running i.e the exchange-server being online???

Don't delete the Archive directories (one each in Out and In directories), just the files inside these Archive directories.

Yes, you can delete the files with the IMS service running. In fact you should stop and start the IMS service after changing the configuration of it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back