Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help splitting circle in 3 curved parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

albix

Technical User
Mar 7, 2009
PL
Greetings Everyone!

My first post here, so please be gentle.

I have this vector circle (see attachment)that's divided in 3 equally curved shapes.
I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a few days now but unfortunatelly not found a simple solution yet.
I think the answer is right in front of me but I can't see it.

Can anyone help me solv this, please?

Many thanks

img.php

Did you know Just four posts down from yours there is another post with the Heading:

"Need to cut a circle, in a few places"

Or the search button

Here's a link to that post.

I am not meaning to sound mean... but a quick look down the page first would have shown you the what you wanted to know.

Marcus

...i think the forum user is asking how to create the supplied image from scratch as opposed to simply splitting paths...

...if so, here is one method i have used and i attach a movie i have made in quicktime to show...

...there are probably other methods, but this would suffice:

andrew

Greetings!

MarcusStringer, sorry if i dodn't make myself clear as to what I tried to accomplish. I did see that post below and a few others, but none were related to my question. Search is good and I like to use it first, but my limitetd AI terminology doesn't help very much.

apepp, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much & especially for supplying the video, it made things very clear.

Thanks again for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back