Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[Help] Space comes UNDER the text with large leading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjane45

Technical User
Jun 18, 2003
DE
As stated... Truly confused and troubled.
I prefer using Leading to Space Before Paragraph
because it's much more flexible and easier to edit...
Any solutions or suggetions would be appreciated!!

20036192163271833.gif

This is how leading is supposed to behave.

You may be wanting to place a blank line before the paragraph titles (Tips, If you know...) and apply your leading tweaks on that line only.

- - picklefish - -

Even easier to edit are style sheets. Then you can freely use specific leading measurements (put that 10 point type on 13 -- it's fun!) and still use space before and space after at will. Your subheads are a little too tight on the top? Make a 10-second change to your style sheet and the problem is solved document-wide.

The leading you're using -- a percentage -- is, as jimoblak said, working perfectly. It's just that it's bad idea to use it.

Take the plunge into style sheets -- you'll be stunned at how much work they save you.

I used to play with leading using InDesign's nice shortcut Alt + up/down arrow for efficiency. To me "Space before" is more difficult to control - using keyboard, so does an extra enter.
In other programs, I think leading usually comes above the applied text. But yeah, I agree "space before" should be the proper way handling this question (it is!!)
Thank you all a loooooooot ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back