Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Some pages take 10 minutes to load IE5&6!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2001
US
We are running both W2K and W98 second edition machines, Pentium III, 256MB to 500MB of RAM, IE6 and IE 5.5 with all service packs, etc. We are having a problem with some webpages taking 9 to 10 minutes to load. For example, if we click on the following website:

If you go to the above website and quickly click on the link to "Palm Sneaks No.18 USC past Auburn" under "Top Stories" on the right side, you will be taken to the next page within seconds. However, if you open Internet Explorer and go to the above website and wait about 7 to 10 seconds to click on the same link, the page will take 10 minutes to come up. There are no error messages, just an hourglass.

I can't figure out why this happens. I thought it might be because of spyware, but I've checked the machines out and there are no suspicious programs.

PLEASE HELP! ANYONE

How to Improve Browsing Performance in Internet Explorer (Q153790)

The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows 2000
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows Millennium Edition
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows 98 Second Edition
Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 5.01 , 5.01 Service Pack 1 , 5.5 , 5.5 Service Pack 1 , for Windows 98 Second Edition
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows 98
Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 4.01 Service Pack 2 , 5 , 5.01 , 5.01 Service Pack 1 , 5.5 , 5.5 Service Pack 1 , for Windows 98
Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 3.x , 4.x , 5 , 5.01 , 5.01 Service Pack 1 , 5.5 , 5.5 Service Pack 1 , for Windows 95

--------------------------------------------------------

I use this Free browser , which has a built in pop up stopper . ( don't add , About Blank , to the existing filter list )
Uses very little resources ( No Add's ) & is as good as any other browser .
Intergrates quitely into your system , does not take over . You can still run your normal browser , if you wish .
Uses the IE engine , but is very fast & stable .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back