Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help solve this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightowl17

Technical User
Feb 15, 2002
US
I just installed a new HDD and put Win XP Home with Win 98 on a partion , I ahve been trying to install Norton System Works on Both but the CD-RW will not reconize the disk and will start to spinup and then quit, Yhe CD-RW works Fine with all other disks Just this one , anyone any ideas? Hope This Helps Solve Your Problem
nightowl17

Sounds like a problem with the disk. Try cleaning it with a damp, soft cloth, you can use a mild detergent if necessary. All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

first problem, would be throw away the norton system works, it will do more harm then good, winXp comes with enough hardware management utils and it should not be necesary to install system works, i would really recommend getting rid of system works, it was their biggest flop, i have had many pc's brought in with problems of the pc hanging once uninstalling system works the problem was solved, i have yet to see a pc run 100% with System works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back