Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! Simple Range Parameter without attached field

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanamingo

Technical User
Oct 11, 2012
US
Im making a very basic report to simplify our labeling process. I need to be able to pass a range parameter without a linked field. For example if the user wanted to print 10 serial labels with 10 ascending consecutive numbers he could enter a range of:

1220225 - 1220235 and it would produce 10 labels. It seems that Crystal doesnt like it when I use a range param in this way. It either returns the first value and drops the others or all the fields are blank.

Any suggestions? Sorry if that wasnt clear, I would be more than happy to clarify. I sincerely need your help. Im using crystal 11.

Crystal needs two fields to recognise a range. Is that it?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

If your parameter is defined as 'allow a range of values' than it should work by using the parameter in the selection criteria.
You do have those numbers in a record field, right?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks for the responses but unfortunately i am still having problems.

Crystal does not like range parameters without a field being attached. If you enter a range param without a field it just drops it from the report entirely (Nothing is displayed for that param).

Try and make a new blank report and create a range parameter and drop it in. Nothing will populate.

No im still getting issues. The prior post in the other section is a bit over my head and I am still actively working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back