Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help!!! shattered glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgriffith

MIS
Jul 3, 2001
US
i completely smashed my fairly new hp jornada 520 pocket pc. the glass is in splinters. i called hp and they want $215 to fix it. does anyone know if there is some type of glass i can buy to replace it?? thanks for any help.

not that I know of, I know the company I stick with whenit comes to "PalmOS" devices is HandEra(Formerly known as TRG) the only company I can recall that gives full warrenty on the screen. But if you really want to try to replace it yourself (I Dont know the jornada well) , and it's not a touchscreen type of PDA , I might look into finding someone to possibly make some kind of plexiglass for you, but there is no real substitute for replacing a manufacture's LCD screen or glass.(in my opinion anyways) Karl Blessing aka kb244{fastHACK}
kblogo.jpg

This is why they always mention what the screen is made out of in good Hand-helds reviews. Really good ones also mention what you have to do to replace it.

This is why I don't like most hand-helds, beepers or cell-phones. Too easy to drop and break, or sit and break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back