Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help setup a dual nic winxp pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmith108

Technical User
May 16, 2002
CA
I am trying to configure my dual nic pc and have run into a wall. I would like use 1 nic for internet surfing and 1 nic to be configured to run VPN securly to my work place. I use a cable modem hooked into a 4 port wireless router. Both nics then run into this router and on to the net. I am able to have my pc vpn'd into my workplace and using a laptop and wireless nic, connect and surf the net. Is this possible to both surf the net and use vpn at the same time on the same pc??

I answer to the same question in msnewsgroup.

You don't need two NICs. Assuming you use Windows VPN client, you may try to disable use default gateway in remote network. This link may help,

routing issues on vpn Can't access the Internet while using VPN Can't access the remote network after unchecking "Use default gateway on Remote Network" Can't access the remote ...

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back