Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help setting up iis 5.1 to run cgi "perl"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd7

Programmer
Sep 29, 2002
US
hello everyone

please i want someone to help me becaue i really gave up i looked every where i wish this is the right place and im sure it is

1) i installed iis

2) i create a new directory called it "site" then went to iis and create a new virtual directory ( alias called it ss the Directory path is "site" the option (Read, Run Script, Excute (..such CGI)

3) create a directory in the c> called it cgi-bin went back to iis and to ss the >>alias<< i created in step 2 and i create another virtual directory caled it &quot;cgi-bin&quot; and the directory bath is cgi-bin the one i create in the c> dir after i finished i went to its properties and chose the folowing (read,write,log access, index this directory,Script and excutable, directory located in theis computer)

3) installed ActiveState the bath is C> perl/pin/...

4) i put a html file in the site directory called it one.html

5) i put the perl file called 1.pl in the cgi-bin

this is the call <form action = &quot; method = &quot;POST&quot;>

and i tried <form action = &quot; method = &quot;POST&quot;>

non of them work i can see the html file but when click supmit it give me this error
Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

please help

note: the same file and the same perl is working 100% it is working in unix at my acount in school

Operating system is XP

last thing i did today was went to the properties of default web site, went to the Home Directory tab, then the Configuration button (near the bottom), ADD
Executable: <path to perl.exe %s> (C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe %s %s Extension: .cgi sthen did it again whith .pl

Hi,
The URL is mistyped!! its instead of http://

Please check and see if this resolve the problem.

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back