Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help setting up 300 page Word 2003 document

Status
Not open for further replies.

NX01

MIS
Apr 21, 2004
US
I have a document seperated by chapters. Each chapter has pages that need to be numbered BUT some need to be double sided. Is there a way to distinguish which pages get printed double sided and which get printed single sided? I have a printer with duplex printing but not every page is double sided...

In the future everything will work...

As far as I know, no, not directly. You could:

1. add blank pages to the ones that are single, and then print the whole thing as double sided.

2. separate the single pages and the double pages into their own documents.

3. write a VBA procedure that would print the single sided chunks as a separate print spool from the double sided chunks.

Other than than that, I know of no way to directly tell Word to print ONE document differently within it. That is, if you are sending the entire document to the printer.

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Must you use MS Word for this project? A 300 page document of this type might be more appropriate for a typesetting program like Latex. MicTex works really well IMHO.
I do know of another program that will do this but depending on how many diagrams, OLE objects and DDE links you want, it also starts to bog down at 300 pages or so. But it can do what you describe.

I believe that is MikTex, and yes, if the issue is one of final output (ie. typesetting really), then that certainly could be an option.

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back