Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! SEB-II Reset/default

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norstarguy

Vendor
Mar 29, 2002
US
My company picked up a used SEB-II with a bunch of other equipment some time ago. We are currently trying to get it installed on a new switch, however we aren't able to get thru the SEB to go transparent into the PBX.

I have no manuals on this thing, however I have read several posts here from people stating they do. I was wondering if someone would mind emailing me the procedure (if there is one) to "reset" the SEB-II and the default password as a result.

Hoping someone here can give me a hand.

Thx!

NG

power on power off press the rest button 21 times power off when it comes back up it's a virgin..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Default password might be NCS-SYSO. When in the menu press 7 then connect to host 1 connection to TTY.

Still not having any luck getting into this SEB...anyone else have any ideas as to what the default password might be after the hard reset johnpoole suggested?

TIA!

NG

You can't reset the SEB-II modem without special software that only SEB provides. The software is big bucks. Why don't you just get a USR modem for about $100, the SEB is useless if you don't have the monitoring software anyway. There are some vendors who will reset the SEB for you, last time we had it done we paid about $300 a modem.

you can try hitting the reset button 15 times one second appart between each push. The default password for the SEB is "password" from what I recall. This pwd works on a new SEB out of the box. NTI620 is right about programming the SEB to do any monitoring.

The SEB is looking for a steady sequence on the reset button, 15 times or 21 times, it doesn't matter, but you have to be consistent on how you press

I know, I know, but we set these up at my last company to monitor our customers and it really works.

Like Jpoole says, the modem at that point is just a modem, it's no different than a US robotics. You need somthing like Iris to actually load the passwords and monitoring information back into the SEB.

If it doesn't work, try a regular modem, if the regular modem works, the SEB could be bad.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back