Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help restricting calls to specific internal extensions only 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swtek

Technical User
Dec 1, 2009
US
Hi all,

I have an analog phone on a Definity phone system in the lobby of our business and I've been asked to restrict the calls made from that phone to a specific list of internal phone extensions.

Is this possible? Does this fall under COR (Class of Restriction), abbreviated dialing? Does the phone need to be a digital line?

help.. Thanks, Brian

This does fall under COR - give the lobby phone a unique COR, allowing it to only call one other COR. Give the destination extensions the second unique COR. (Give the second COR normal calling privilages).

Abbreviated Dialing is not required.
A digital set is not required.

Make sure that the lobby phone COR can place emergency services (911) calls.

Let me know if you need examples.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

Thanks Susan!

I appreciate the quick response, I'll give it a shot.

-Brian

SF0751,

It works! Awesome!!! I'm somewhat new to phone system administration but with your help you made me look like I know what I'm doing! =)

Thank You 'Diva of Dialtone'!

oh.. one more thing, how do I make it so the lobby phone COR can place emergency 911 calls?

You should have a route pattern just for 911 calls - use the command "list route" to find this. The FRL (facility restriction level) of the new COR should be equal to or greater than the FRL of the 911 route pattern.

My lobby phones have the ability to dial 911, local calls, and toll-free calls, but are restricted from making long-distance or international calls.

Welcome to the Avaya World! You may want to check out faq690-6418 for some great information to help keep you looking good!

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back