Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP Required ON NAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd2775

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2003
IN
I have a cisco router with One Serial and two Fast ethernet ports.

I have 2 IPS one connected to the serial0 with ip unnumbered
The FE0 has the ip address provided by the IPS 210.x.x.x

On the Second FE1 i have terminated the other ISP with ip addess 203.x.x.x

Now i want to utilise both the links for browsing.

Can anyone help me.

so your ISP(sorry english) have given you 2 connections, 1 connected to serial unumbered and the other to FE0, is FE1 ip mapped to serial?

if you want to use bothe for browsing you could use a nat pools on each and have some ips going out of one and others out of another?

Load-balancing across multiple links is not a fast and easy thing to do when you do not control both endpoints. Especially if you are load-balancing across ISPs and not using BGP.

The best advice is what plshlpme already said. Use Policy Routing. For this you basically need to decided which programs/protocols should go out which links, and then which servers should have which IPs (to control the downstream traffic).

For instance, I have two DSL lines through two different providers and I use policy-based routing to ensure that my VoIP goes over my least-used line and all other traffic goes out the other. Then I selectively place a server/host within the subnet I want it to exist in depending on load/criticality, etc.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back