Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Removing Adware

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbasicking

Programmer
Aug 19, 2001
US
I got most of them off of my computer, but this last one is fast, the instant that I end the process it comes back on, not giving me tie to delete it. They are a coupled set of programs. Winsync and SyncroAd. Can someone help me remove these, they keep downloading other files, my computer is being overrun with them, and somehow they are coming through my firewall.

try booting in safe mode (hit f8 while booting) and remove them

hope this helps

Have you tried Spy Bot Search and Destroy? How about Ad Aware?

Spy/Adware is getting trickier everyday. Have you checked out the spyware group here on Tek-tips? It really is full of great info.

If you boot into safe mode like ifix1 said then do a regedit, click on the edit button and click find, and do a search for the exact name of the spyware, when you find it delete the string and if it is in a key by itself delete the entire key also. once you search through the entire registry and delete every key, do a search on your computer (c drive) for a file name delete any that match your search, then restart to normal mode, all spyware should be gone.... this works with any spyware file. for the ones that ad-aware and spy-bot won't pick-up Hope that Helps! -Joe

Run Hijack This and remove:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows SyncroAd] C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd\SyncroAd.exe

Delete:

C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd\SyncroAd.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd\WinSync.exe

hijackthis doesn't always remove everything needed, best bet would be to go into the registry and remove both the reg keys and the files on the harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back