Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help regarding Task Scheduler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankarsr

Programmer
Oct 21, 2003
US
Hi ALL,

I am trying to schedule a .bat file to run automatically in a specific time on WINDOWS NT 4.0 Server. But Task scheduler is not running as a service in my system(windows NT server) services. Can anyone please help me how to run task scheduler as service. when I add a new task to scheduler, it is accepting but it is giving an error message saying scheduler is not running automatically as service. I have seen all the services. It is not running.

I am having IE6.0 on my system.

Thanks & Regards,
Sankar.

Have Great 'n' Wonderful Day ...

Thanks & Regards,
Sankar.

Control Panel -> Services. Set the "Schedule" service to Automatic, and start it. Now you should be able to use the AT command at the command line or another Task Scheduling application.

ShackDaddy

Sankar - same advice as I gave you in workstation forum. Think we need some other feedback from you if you still can't get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back