Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - Recover A Corrupt DB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shake412

Programmer
Apr 17, 2002
GB
I've got to work this Monday morning to discover that the Access 2002 application I was developing up to Friday has somehow become corrupt. I cannot access any of the code behind any of the forms or in any of the modules.

I've tried repairing the DB and importing/exporting the forms/modules to a 2nd DB. Neither of these makes any difference.
Does anyone have any other ideas as I don't not want to lose my code and my server team has not been backing up as frequently as they should?

has tons of resources.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks
Access Databases for Non-Profit Organizations

Please post in the appropriate forum with a descriptive subject; code and SQL, if referenced; and expected results. See thread181-473997 for more pointers.

I once wasted a month trying to recover a "corrupted" database, even doing a lot of work on a VBA application that would create new objects and assign duplicate property values to them, trying to avoid copying the corruption.

It turned out that the file path of my back end database had just gotten too long. It's limited to 128 characters, but you get no warning if you exceed this. Access merely crashes without warning.

Don't make the same mistake! If your back end path is over 100 characters, try copying it to a shallow folder (c:\ is good) and relinking it there. If that succeeds, you never had any real corruption.

Rick Sprague
Want the best answers? See faq181-2886
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back