Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help quick - text not linking 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtluvsjc

Technical User
Apr 27, 2007
US
I got a project with a tight deadline-its 100+ pages, and I'm sure there is a better way to do this! I'm trying to create copy's of the master page and then link the text. However, when i link the text, the newer page takes prescident over the 1st page. This means the beginning copy goes on page 2 instead of page 1. I need to import and format 100+pgs of text (tight deadline) and I'm used to quark. please help!! What is the best way to go about this?

Every time i link, i am dragging my last page into my second-to-last position, so the text flows right.

There has got to be a different way to do this!! I'm on pg 11 of about 100.. help please!

Create a master text frame for the doc. It might ne easier to just create a new doc and check the master text frame on the doc setup.

Make suer you have enought pages. Use Place ot insert the text on the fisrt page and hold down the shift key. The text will flow through the pages. For more, see Help, click on Search and look for 'flow text".

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back