Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Quark 3.3 pasteboard XT Quarkxtension is not present (102)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have Quark 3.3 on a Mac 6116 and my husband has it on his G3. Every now and then I will be working on something on my computer but take it to his to work on his bigger screen. On occasion, I will take the file back to my computer and the file will not open. It says 'The document can't be opened "Pasteboard XT" QuarkXtension is not present. (102)'

I can see Pasteboard XT in my Quark folder. I actually have a few of them (one labeled Pasteboard XT and one Pasteboard XT 1.4). I've tried putting them in my extensions folder but that doesn't change anything. Can someone enlighten me about how to fix this problem?

Is it in your Quark folder, or where it needs to be Ñ in your Quark XTension folder (which resides in your Quark folder)? This folder differs from the Extensions folder within your System folder.

I believe that you can download the pasteboard terminator from the Quark website, this will enable you to open the Quark file. If you can't fix it in 20 minutes call someone who can.

That's right - search for pasteboard exterminator on quark.com. Its an extension that you put into the extensions folder in Quark and then start Quark and you'll be able to open the doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back