Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help printing logos... to HP laserjet 3si driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

nord

MIS
Aug 5, 2002
US
I'm trying to print a signature that has been loaded to a XEROX N32 via a PCMCIA card. I've set the printer up to use the HP laserjet 3si driver.

I'm printing from an SQR report.

First, I set up the font secuence:
encode '<27>&l0O<27>(8Y<27>(s0p3.00h39.7v0s0b188T' into $SigFont

Then I print:

print $SigFont (,1) code-printer=HPLASERJET
print '!!a' (,1)
The second print line only gives me the first character of the signature (M).

How do you interpret the rest of the characters in the pattern?

Thanks,
Doug

You need to find out the characters present in the font.

It is likely that there will be only a handful of characters in a signature font (e.g. 'ABCD').

If the font was a soft downloadable font (i.e. held as a file on a PC), the font file could be analysed to provide the answer you need.

I'm not familiar with the use of PCMCIA cards on printers - is this the equivalent of a cartridge or DIMM card, and hence effectively a font held within hardware/firmware? If so, I've no idea how to access such fonts in order to analyse them.

So the easiest method would be to just try all of the possible character codes, one by one, to see what effect they each have; most codes will produce just a space, as only a few character codes will be defined in the font.

Bear in mind that the character codes could be outside of the normal printable range, although this is unlikely; most font vendors tend to stick to ASCII (7-bit) codes in the range 0x21 - 0x7e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back