Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help please 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotztofly

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
US
I am trying to allow multiple users to get into their systems via pcanywhere. I can get one to allow me to access it by forwarding the port for pcanywhere on the firewall/router. I have to point the port to the ip address of one computer. What if others want to get in as well. I cannot forward the same port to other ip addresses.

Does this make sense?

Is this possible? or do I need other software?

Depending on what firewall you use, configurations do differ. But you should still be able to allow multiple IPs as destinations with the ports for PC Anywhere...

Sankar Nair
General Datatech l.p.

Thanks.

I am using a netgear fvs318 firewall.

It has one local server address which I have the ip for the one user. There is only room for one.

Then I can set a range for the WAN users address.
Would this be where I put the range?

You need to set each of the 'host' computers to use a different set of ports. By default, pcAnywhere uses tcp 5631 and udp 5632. You would need to set your second host to use tcp 5633/udp 5634, your third to use tcp 5635/udp 6636, etc. You would then forward tcp 5631/udp 5632 to your first host, tcp 5633/udp 5634 to your second host, etc. You will also need to change the configuration on the remote side for each user to reflect the change. Not difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back