Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help please 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim624

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
US
I am desperateley in need of some help....I suddenly started having a window pop up on my computer it says
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Assertion failed... Program C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe File: .\lists.cpp Line: 480
Expression: !(p==bodykwerf.end0)
For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure....blah blah blah... I have checked all the documentation I can find...contacted numerous techy sites and nobody had been able to help me with this. I installed a pop up blocker and then this started happening. I uninstalled the popup program, but it's still doing it...... ANY help or reference woule be deeply appreciated.

Jim

Assertion failures are tests within the program code which are designed to trap 'impossible' conditions which should never occur inside a normally working program.

Put simply, you found an internet explorer bug. Though it seems its more like collateral damage from the addon you tried to install and remove.

The "File: .\lists.cpp Line: 480" part is meant to be used by the programmers to locate where the problem occurred, and the rest of the information is to help determine what exactly went wrong.

> I uninstalled the popup program, but it's still doing it.
I guess it didn't make a very good job of it then.
Perhaps inform whoever made the popup blocker that it neither works properly, nor uninstalls properly.

If you've done all this pretty recently, then perhaps system restore might get you out of it. But this is not a C question at all, it's more for the OS specific forums elsewhere on this site.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back