Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!! PLEASE No video no boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonS

MIS
Sep 7, 1999
US
Visit site
I have a PII 233 box with 64MB Ram. I opened up the case to try and fix bad floppy drive. I replaced floppy cable with new and nothing. Now with everything back the way it was I get no boot and no video. It powers up and sounds like it is booting but get nothing, not even any beeps. Please Help Thanks!! [sig]<p>Jason Stroffoleno<br><a href=mailto:jasons@pcgeek.net>jasons@pcgeek.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br> "You have not seen nothing like me yet" GB[/sig]

have you tried pushing your video card down to make sure it's securly in the slot? [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

I got it thanks took all cables off and put baclk on also took out and reseated all the cards... [sig]<p>Jason Stroffoleno<br><a href=mailto:jasons@pcgeek.net>jasons@pcgeek.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br> "You have not seen nothing like me yet" GB[/sig]

would you belive me if I told you that my younger brother who is in michigan, kept pondering why the computer wouldnt show anything the screen, for about a week, took it into Best Buy, and the guy pushed the AGP Video card down, and it worked, hehe, of course he still had the problem with the power in the house(bad electricity) which he fixed by my dad buying him a 15 minute battery back up, running off the backup power while it stored power for the future power (right off the line the power had dips which is real bad for the computer, so the battery backup gave a fresh clean power to the compt while storing up some more good power from the unstable flow of power from the wall)

he done a bunch of other things that had called me up about, so if you run into any problems, dont hit your self over the head, it could be alot worse hehe. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

i suspect you put the floppy drive data cable in the wrong way round the 1st time, this can cause the machine to stop in its tracks. try it and see

Rob [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back