Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP PLEASE - Name change doesn't work right... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole

MIS
May 17, 2002
US
Someone got married, and they now want to add their new last name to their full name.

In order not to crash a database file, I created a new user: Marilyn Monroe.

I now decided to bring her back to life and that she should be married to Marilyn Manson, so her full name would now change to Marilyn Monroe Manson.

I followed the COMMON NAME CHANGE steps starting on page 503 in Domino System Administration by Rob Kirkland, and I had Marilyn send a "Request New Name" from her e-mail, and I accepted the name change and recertified her ID which I sent back to her. She received and accepted her new ID.

HOWEVER, her name is still showing up as Marilyn Monroe, and when she sent me a new e-mail, it said:

Marilyn Monroe
sent by: Marilyn Monroe Manson

I checked the ID files on the server, and the Title field was still Marilyn Monroe.

Hmm, I right-clicked her full name down on the left side of her Notes, and in there I changed the title field to Marilyn Monroe Manson.

The title field is now showing Marilyn Monroe Manson, and so is the database icon on her workspace, and the file title under the Files section in the Administrator. HOWEVER, it still only says Marilyn Monroe in the from field when she sends messages.

WHAT TO DO??????

Please help, I am getting very frustrated, and I am "almost" starting to miss my old MS Exchange Server (and we can't have that can we?).

Thanks in advance for comments to this,

Ole

From the inbox, select tools, then preferences. Check on the basics tab that the name of the mailfile owner is correct.

Dont be tempted by the dark (M$) side!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back