Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP Oracle9i Installation !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCrystal

Programmer
May 7, 2002
US
I have downloaded the following three files for Oracle9i database from Oracle OTN site

Solaris64_9011_Disk1.cpio.gz
Solaris64_9011_Disk2.cpio.gz
Solaris64_9011_Disk3.cpio.gz

I am trying to gunzip these files according to the instructions provided on the download site but it gives error for 'Unexpected End of File' for Disk1 and Disk2 by following command.

gunzip Solaris64_9011_Disk1.cpio.gz

Am I missing something or how can I gunzip it.

I did gunzip on Disk3 and it worked and removed .gz extension and saved the file as

Solaris64_9011_Disk3.cpio

Anybody who has installed Oracle9i on Solaris 5.8 please help me with installation procedure.

Dude:

I think they've screwed up.

There was an issue with the 9iAS disks when downloaded (and I bet this is related) where it used to be 2 CD's but became three when the version was bumped. On the 3 disk set, the prompt for the next CD came before the end of the previous one! Someone had forgotten to move that prompt to the end of the disk.

Your zip program may be seeing the end of file for disk one even though there are more files to be decompressed. If gunzip allows you to selectively unzip by choosing the files you could try noting the last file unzipped and then re-invoking gunzip and selecting everything else beyond that point.

Reverend

Thanks for your advice but I found the problem. The files were not downloaded correctly as the file size were less than showed on Oracle website.

Now I am able to gunzip and cpio the files. It created three directories
Disk1
Disk2
Disk3

but I would like to know the Oracle9i on Solaris 5.8 installation procedure after this step. Do I have to set some variables and where do I do it etc...

Crys:

I'm a NT/win2k nerd and on win2k you fill out a few GUI's and let it rock - so I can't help you much with a Solaris installation.

Check the Online Documentation CD for the Installation Instructions (Release Notes).

Rev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back